In this day and age, having an online presence is of utmost importance especially if you are planning to set up your business. Or perhaps you want your already established company to thrive even more. As far as online presence is concerned, one can’t deny the fact that social media plays a significant role. Now more than ever people are using the popular social media platform Instagram to launch their small businesses. And why not?
Though it has been more than a decade that Instagram was launched, this app where people enjoy sharing photos has become a business hub. Various companies and brands use Instagram to run their businesses. Wondering how to run a business on Instagram? Worry not, we are here to guide you.
Why Run a Business on Instagram?
We are all well aware of the power of Instagram. If you have an account, you’d probably know that renowned companies such as Nike, Coca-Cola, and others, as well as luxury fashion brands like Gucci, Prada, and many others use this app for engaging their target audience. But the question is how to use Instagram for a business? Here are some simples ways to run a business on Instagram.
Tips To Run a Business on Instagram
Starting Out & Setting Goals
- Of course, the first thing to do is to make a business account on Instagram. It would be best to create a separate business account, but you can also switch your personal account to a business account.
- The next and very important step is to work on your Instagram strategy and define your target market. For that, you will have to research the app’s audience demographics in order to know the kind of people using the platform. Creating engaging content will be easier once you know your audiences’ needs and likes.
- Be clear in establishing what you want to achieve. Make sure to set your objectives using the SMART framework, which means your goals should be Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Timely.
Optimizing Your Account
- For the sake of doing business, optimizing your Instagram profile is of utmost importance. Start by writing a great bio that describes your brand best and don’t forget to add a link that takes your audience to your website, a special Instagram page, or other social pages your business may have.
- Next, add your contact information – such as your phone number and email address – so that your target audience can directly contact you.
- Remember high-quality content is key. It is no secret that Instagram is all about amazing images and visuals, so make sure your brand or business has a creative visual aesthetic and the images have interesting, catchy captions.
- Show your audience that you are serious about running your business on Instagram by posting high-quality content consistently.
- Keep in mind that responding to mentions and comments can make all the difference. This is because your target market will feel encouraged to engage with your brand.
- Don’t underestimate the power of hashtags. Using relevant hashtags will allow users to find your content easier.
- This next step involves measuring your business’s success and modifying strategies. The simplest way to track results on Instagram is using analytics tools.
Being one of the most popular social media platforms, it would definitely be a great option to devote your time and energy to your Instagram business profile. Just follow these steps and start generating revenue.